FH Foundation Advocate for Awareness Form
As an FH Foundation Advocate for Awareness, I represent that I:
- Have Familial Hypercholesterolemia (FH), elevated Lipoprotein(a) (Lp(a)), have a family member with FH or elevated Lp(a), or both.
I agree that as a Representative of the FH Foundation, to the best of my ability, I will:
- Participate in the FH Foundation Advocate Training Program.
- Serve as an Advocate in this program for a minimum period of 1 year and organize or participate in at least 3 activities or events within 1 year of participating in the FH Advocate Training Program. Activities or events may include, for example, public speaking, working on a project, giving an interview, or writing a story for the website.
- Coordinate my FH or Lp(a) awareness activities with FH Foundation staff and forward all inquiries from media or other organizations to the FH Foundation.
- Attend at least 4 Advocate teleconferences in a 12-month period.
- Be willing to travel within a designated area. For some opportunities this may require an overnight stay and/or air travel. (*Approved expenses will be paid by The FH Foundation.)
- Provide resources regarding FH or elevated Lp(a) to patient and medical communities.
- Participate in speaking engagements in front of health professionals, individuals with FH or elevated Lp(a), and/or the general public.
- Maintain and check a working e-mail address at least once a week.
- Submit timely reports following any volunteer activities and participate in an evaluation of the program.
- Be available for training and mentoring new Advocate volunteers, if requested.
- Respect the privacy of others by not providing information to anyone, other than FH Foundation staff, about individuals or families I am in contact with, except with the expressed consent of those individuals or families.
- Encourage individuals with FH to join the CASCADE FH Patient Registry for the benefit of others, as well as a method of statistical data gathering about FH.
- Not represent a commercial entity related to FH or elevated Lp(a) treatment, for example as an Ambassador for a pharmaceutical company’s program, while an FH Foundation Advocate.
How You Can Become an FH Advocate for Awareness
If you are interested in learning how to become an advocate for those with FH or elevated Lp(a), we invite you to apply. As a participant you will learn how to share your story. Remember 80% of individuals with FH in the United States are still not diagnosed. You can be a part of the solution.
We are seeking applicants who are individuals with FH or elevated Lp(a) or family members interested in improving the quality of life for all patients. Experience, strength in advocacy, public speaking and good writing skills are desirable. Applicants must also be supportive of the FH Foundation’s mission.