Our Promise and Impact
The mission of the Family Heart Foundation is to save generations of families from heart disease through timely identification and improved care of familial hypercholesterolemia (FH) and Lipoprotein(a). Through research, advocacy, and education we play a critical role in driving change, and empower families to navigate their own health.
Collaborating for Impact
The Family Heart Foundation is the result of the team effort of patients and healthcare practitioners who have joined their knowledge and passion to help others and drive change. We are honored to have experts from around the world share their expertise and research as part of our Scientific Advisory Board. Our success is rooted in collaboration, innovation, and commitment. With the help of a dedicated group of clinicians, researchers, professional organizations, governmental representatives, and volunteers, the Family Heart Foundation takes pride in its forward-thinking and versatile approach to making a real change in the world of FH and Lipoprotein(a).
A Story of Hope
In 2011, it was estimated that only 1% of individuals with FH were diagnosed in the United States. The Family Heart Foundation and familial hypercholesterolemia community have increased that rate to 20% in just 10 years. We are just beginning.
We've Come So Far - And We Are Just Getting Started
The Family Heart Foundation is the leader for research, advocacy, and education for those at genetic high risk for heart attacks and strokes. We address gaps in FH and Lp(a) diagnosis and treatment by:
- Following outcomes of FH patients in the national CASCADE FH® Registry and address gaps in diagnosis and treatment
- Convening an annual global summit dedicated to the science and treatment of FH and LP(a)
- Leading international coalitions to develop guidelines to improve care for individuals at genetic-risk for cardiovascular disease
- Creating an artificial intelligence algorithm to FIND FH® before it does damage
- Establishing National FH Awareness Day on September 24, which is now strengthened by multiple state proclamations and recognized on a global scale.
- Training national Advocates for Awareness to raise health professional and public awareness of FH and Lp(a)